Soaring The 7 Seas: Flight Simulator World Journey

A flight simulator journey across the entire globe. The flight journal will be kept here with pictures and stories.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Another flight down 10 000 to go :-)

Well there we go another flight. This one fairly uneventful. I have a few pictures however and of course the details:

Departed: KMGC(Michigan City Municipal, Indiana)
Arrived: 83IL(Ottman-Shuck, Illinois)
Distance 114NM
Flight Time: 47 minutes

I decided not to fly as high this time around electing to fly at 4 000 feet. I took off from KMGC and had a nice view of the lake flying directly to 83IL which of course from the information above isn't that far of a flight. I was surprised by the lack of traffic in the air today. Was expecting more but alas, nothing much to report.

The first picture was before I was ready to takeoff. Just finished getting settled in and such.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then I taxied over to the runway. I decided because of the strong winds I wouldn't need much runway to get off so I elected to take a taxiway not at the very end othe runway.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Considering the winds approaching 18kts it was a very smooth takeoff.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Climbout from the airport with the Lake behind me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Just after getting up to cruising altitude I took a beautiful picture of Lake Michigan to my 3 o'clock. I knew I wouldn't see any of the great lakes for a long while once I left Michigan.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had a nice view of the area including a shot of a fairly big river looking like it was flying South to North.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As I descended I had one surprise, it was hard to see the airport. Try to spot it through the terrain.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally after landing I noticed something. No where to park but on the grass. They didn't have much of a facility setup but hey what can you do.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home