Soaring The 7 Seas: Flight Simulator World Journey

A flight simulator journey across the entire globe. The flight journal will be kept here with pictures and stories.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It Has Begun

Well this afternoon I took off on the first leg of my Round the world tour.

Departed: CYTS(Timmins, Ontario, Canada)
Arrived: CYFD(Brandford, Ontario, Canada)
Distance: 329NM
Flight Time: 2:30 minutes

I got everything in the plane for the flight(which wasn't much before departing after I got to the airport. I had my passport in hand and all my gear. Once I went through Pre-flight checks I started up the engine.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After a few minutes I made my way to the runway for takeoff.


I took off from Timmins and made a right turn to Brandford.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The weather wasn't too nice as you can see from the video and pictures I took. Even from a few miles away the airport as I was leaving was partially fogged up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the way I tried climbing up to my initial altitude of 9500 feet but I found that clouds had really built up and even at 13500 feet I still wasn't over the top so I decended back to 2500 feet for about half the journey to stay under the cloud cover until I got over Lake Huron where it cleared up mostly and I made my way to 9 500 feet altitude.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I decended into Brandford without incident for a nice landing and parking in Brandford.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All in all not a bad first leg but I've still got a lot to go.

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home