Soaring The 7 Seas: Flight Simulator World Journey

A flight simulator journey across the entire globe. The flight journal will be kept here with pictures and stories.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Part Deux

It was time to begin the second leg of a very long journey. This time I was actually going to go to another Country. The United States. Nice flight overall. Encountered a massive lighting storm below me. I was fairly lucky cause I was going to stop in Kalamazoo for this leg and during the flight I decided to extend the journey and get a bit farther. Where was the massive lightning storm? Centered over Kalamazoo. If I had descended for that landing I may not have been able to get out of the storm. Sometimes things just seem to go my way.

Departed: CYFD(Brantford, Ontario, Canada)
Arrival: KMGC(Michigan City, Indiana, USA)
Distance: 302NM
Flight Time: 2:25

Departure
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Taking off, what a beautiful sight with a beautiful aircraft.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's just some of the weather I had to contend with. Luckily I was able to fly around this cloud and get above the rest of them. She was massive I tell ya and that wasn't even part of the lightning storm.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Descending down by Lake Michigan.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Turning Base for landing.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally down on the ground after a nice flight and ready to have a snack.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I expect that I won't be flying my next leg until tommorow but that could easily change, I'll make sure to advise you all. right now it's time to speed things up a little and take the old SR-71 out for a spin on vatsim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home